POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Help on comming up with keyword name : Re: Help on comming up with keyword name Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help on comming up with keyword name
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jan 2000 15:44:29
Message: <chrishuff_99-88B257.15443709012000@news.povray.org>
In article <3878EA1A.7B5E34A7@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Portal sound more like an object identifier than a pattern modifier or
> type.
>
>  How about "Transwarp" ?
>
> It has a catchy ring to it and is moderately descriptive of the process.

I still prefer "portal", it is more descriptive of what the pigment does
than "transwarp". An object with this pigment will act like a portal to
another part of space.

A couple other possibilties:
wormhole
mirage
gateway
space_time_bending_thingammajiggy_pigment :-)

One thing that might be even more interesting would be a pigment that
takes a scene file as a parameter. Both scene files would be parsed, and
a ray could travel from one scene into the other through objects with
the portal pigment. Of course, this would require extensive
modifications to the code, and wouldn't be much more useful(if at all)
than just one scene.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom